Back from holiday! I cannot believe summer is almost over!
How was it?..Amazing! I am so happy we chose to rent a gorgeous cottage on a lake in Owen Sound area, Ontario for one week. Secluded, quiet, no internet, no phones…just nature. And a bear! And a lynx…and plenty of fishing.
No emails, no text messages or phone calls. My inbox was looking quite overwhelming when I got back to civilization 🙂
Just have a look! Who needs internet when you have such a view and surroundings?!
After devouring delicious bacon wrapped pork tenderloins, Brazilian parmesan crusted pork and juicy Alberta beef T-bones …was finally time to stop. I was craving something lighter. I needed something different.
I wanted a salad! Can you believe this??? A warm salad loaded with so much good food. So, I made quickly a fresh batch of Peri Peri sauce, threw some chicken breasts to marinade for 30 minutes and in less than 20 minutes I had my Peri Peri warm chicken salad!
Juicy, tender chicken pieces marinated in fresh Peri Peri sauce. If you don’t have enough time to make your homemade Peri Peri sauce, you can use Nando’s Peri Peri sauce variety. Creamy avocado, chopped red onion, sweet grape tomatoes and grilled pineapple. Finished with fresh, homemade lime dressing..OMG! Just heaven! This warm salad has so much flavor!
- Peri Peri Marinade
- 5-7 fresh Bird eye chili, depending on how spicy you want it
- ½ to 1 cup extra virgin olive oil, depending on how thin you want it
- 4 medium garlic cloves
- juice from 1 lemon
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper
- 4 pieces chicken breast
- 4 cups romaine leaves chopped
- ½ small red onion, chopped
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 12 fresh pineapple slices
- 1 avocado
- Lime Dressing
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ¼ cup lime juice
- salt and pepper
- To make Peri Peri Sauce, prepare your chili, discard stems and roughly chop them.
- Place all the ingredients from Peri Peri sauce list in a food processor fitted with a metal blade/ blender and blend until smooth. Check if you are ok with the texture of the sauce (I like mine a bit coarse, not very smooth. If you prefer it smoother blend the mixture some more)
- Place in a bowl and add chicken pieces. Toss to coat. Allow to marinade for 20-30 minutes.
- Heat a grill pan on medium-high. Add a drizzle of oil to the pan and add the chicken.Cook the chicken for 4-5 minutes each side or until cooked through. Grill pineapple slices too, 3-4 minutes on each side.
- In a medium bowl, whisk all the ingredients listed in Lime Dressing.
- Combine all salad ingredients into a large bowl and toss them until mixed through. Divide between plates. Place chicken pieces on top along with grilled pineapple rings, grape tomatoes, red onion and avocado. Drizzle some more lime dressing and serve!
I have also added my short video to show you how quick and easy it is to make Peri Peri Sauce
Also, I know some of you are already familiar with the new absolute best recipe collection website called Yummly. Signing up is super easy and you can add recipes to your recipe box and by clicking on the “yum” button below the recipe or by visiting my publisher’s page and adding the recipes to your collection. I have my own personal page where I can save all the recipes I really want to try 🙂 I am sure you are going to love it too!
This post contains affiliate links.