Juicy Argentinian Beef Steak with traditional Chimichurri sauce
Today’s last stop is in Argentina, the country of Tango and amazing steaks!
Argentina’s steaks are world-famous and their entire beef industry is built around natural grasslands, that are so vast. When cooking their steaks, the Argentinians are doing it through gentle heat, transforming even the leanest of grass-fed meat into a tender, juicy steak.
In order to get the perfect steak you have to find the right grass-fed beef cut. The grass-fed beef has a more pronounced flavor than the grain-fed one, which is milder. The American grass-fed beef is a very good choice, and in most of Whole Foods shops you will be able to find at least one brand. As for cut, New York strip (now as Porterhouse steak or Sirloin steak in Australia and New Zealand) or Ribeye (known as Scotch Fillet in Australia and New Zealand) will be just perfect.
Don’t forget to rest your steak for 10-15 minutes! Resting is a very important step in getting the perfect, juicy medium rare steak, as will keep all the juices inside.
Chimichurri is an excellent addition to the beef steak! Try and prepare it one day in advance, if possible, as all the flavors will be well combined. The best part is that you can keep it for up to three weeks in a closed container in the fridge.
- 4 grass-feb Ribeye fillets
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp coarse salt
- 1 head garlic, separated and peeled
- 1 cup packed fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 cup fresh oregano leaves
- 2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Place the steak over the grill for about 4 minutes and flip it once and wait for another 3 minutes. Remove the steak from the grill and let it rest for 15 minutes. Resting is another important step in getting the perfect, juiciest medium rare steak, as will keep all the juices inside.
- To make Chimichurri sauce, simmer water and salt in a small pan, stir to dissolve the salt, and then remove pan from heat. Finely mince all other dry ingredients and combine in a bowl. Whisk in the vinegar, then the olive oil, then the salted water. Transfer to a jar, close with a tight lid, shake to combine, and refrigerate.
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g