Healthy and easy to make Baked Spaghetti Squash with Grilled Chicken and Fresh Homemade Pesto!
Is it too early for a pumpkin recipe? I would say No…. First thing, when seeing all the beautiful colored Mums at the shops, is to think of pumpkins…like tons of pumpkins. Have no idea why, but that is what happens each and every autumn 🙂
I have decided to go easy for todays’ recipe as we are still transitioning to cooler weather and frankly have never tried spaghetti squash…like ever 🙂 So, my friends, for today I made Baked Spaghetti Squash with Grilled Chicken and Fresh Pesto!!! I wanted to be sure that my daughter will give them a fair go, so the addition of grilled chicken and homemade pesto came just naturally. Did we like it? We absolutely loved it! We added just a little bit of pesto, to be sure it’s not going to be overpowering and loose the squash flavors. The combination was absolutely delicious!
This dish is so easy to make and I really like the idea of serving it in their own rind, like a boat 🙂 These individual boats are just so much fun! Add a glass of a good Pinot Grigio on side and here you have a perfect meal!
Hope you’ll enjoy it!
Have a fabulous weekend everyone!
- 1 spaghetti squash, halved and de-seeded
- 2 cloves of garlic, diced
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 chicken breast
- parmesan cheese
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 tbsp pine nuts
- juice from 1/2 lemon
- lemon zest
- Cut your squash in half and scoop seeds out with spoon.Toss olive oil and garlic inside the halves spreading the mixture all over the flesh. Place them on a baking sheet, upside down and bake them at 350F/ 180 C for about 1 hour or until soft. When soft, remove the tray from the oven and set aside allowing them to cool.
- Meanwhile heat a grill pan on medium high heat. Lightly oil the grill pan. Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper and grill it until cooked through, about 4-5 minutes per side.
- Combine the spinach, pine nuts, lemon juice, and lemon peel in a processor. Lightly pulse. With the machine running, gradually add 1/3 cup of the oil, blending until the mixture is creamy. Add salt and pulse.
- Shred the squash halves with a fork to get that spaghetti texture, add the thinly sliced grilled chicken, sprinkle some pesto and parmesan cheese on top and serve!
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g