What is the best Mother’s Day gift?
For me, would be a handmade card, a bunch of flowers, a big hug and a kiss and….last, but not least a delicious and easy dessert. A dessert that can be done by my daughter and my hubby. Easy. Like really easy. No baking involved 🙂 And amazingly looking. Is it possible to get something like this?
Oh, YES! Just have a look at this Strawberry Sorbet Float! Ticks all the boxes 🙂
I got this idea from a Good Food Magazine and I knew the moment I saw it that it will make the perfect dessert for Mother’s Day! Yes, in my opinion, it is a dessert, not a drink. Fresh strawberries, sparkling elderflower drink and strawberry sorbet. Just perfect! No one can resist an amazingly good looking, vibrant dessert.
My recipe for strawberry sorbet is really easy and you don’t need an ice cream machine to make it, just a blender. Some frozen strawberries, sugar and water is all you need to get a quick homemade strawberry sorbet. I told you it’s easy 🙂
You can upgrade this dessert to a grown-up version, replacing the sparkling elderflower drink with Prosecco or Champagne.
Do you have any special plans for Mother’s Day? Hope you are going to have an amazing day!
Looking for more Strawberry Recipes?
- Strawberry Madeleines
- Heaven on earth Cake (with strawberries)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Cookies
- Easy Strawberry Bars
- Strawberry Lime Juice
- Roasted Strawberry & Ricotta Yoghurt Cream
- 1 lb almost 500g frozen strawberries
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 bottles sparkling elderflower drink
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, cut into slices
- Place frozen strawberries and sugar into a food processor or blender and pulse on and off until fruit is broken up.
- Add water and continue processing until you have a smooth consistency puree. Remove the sorbet and give it a good stir. Transfer to a container and freeze for 1-2 hours.
- To assemble Strawberry Sorbet Float dessert, place the strawberry slices in the bottom of 4 glasses, top each glass with 2 scoops of strawberry sorbet and pour over the elderflower drink. Serve straight away.
Recipe inspired from Good Food Magazine, July 2007
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g