Make this easy Asian Chicken Soup Recipe in less than 30 minutes, using some staple ingredients that you may already have in your pantry, especially if you love Asian cuisine!
Happy New Year! Hope everyone had a nice xmas break and you are already keeping up with your healthy goals.
As a new year begins, we tend to plan to eat healthier and cut back on sugar and all those superprocessed foods. Somehow during the second or the third week we are losing concentration and hey! your feed starts being inundated with cute, red or pink treats for Valentine’s Day, right?! Yeah….good luck trying to stay away 🙂
I am not one of those persons that will have a super big change at the beginning of the year. I know I will go down in flames. I don’t believe there is a magic switch and boom! I’ll start eating super healthy just because it’s a new year.
I am always trying to improve our diet from one year to another. yES, that I can do and will not lose my focus during the year. This is my biggest commitment: to eat better and have better food habits.
Are you ready for it?
Just follow our weekly meal plans starting this January and eat better too! We will find them published on our website every Sunday morning 🙂 You’ll find quick, easy meals that will require almost no hassle at all to put together with a couple of things in common: simple ingredient lists and cooking times that will not exceed 40 minutes.
This week I made one of my favorite to go soup recipes (the other one is Mexican Chicken soup) when I don’t have a lot of time on my hands but still wanna make a homemade meal: Asian Chicken Soup.
Easy, no tricks, with only a couple of ingredients and ready in just 30 minutes without compromising on the flavor. For this recipe, you can use made from scratch chicken stock (broth) if you have some or if you want have this soup ready in less than 30 minutes, you can use store bought one.
I would recommend if possible to choose an organic chicken stock, a good quality one. Some of them have a funny taste and will not translate into a full flavored chicken soup.
Some of the ingredients I have used to make this easy Asian Chicken Soup recipe:
- Organic Free Range Chicken Broth – this is my favorite chicken broth (stock) I always have a couple of them in my pantry….I use it a lot!
- Soy Sauce – one of my favorite ingredients for stir fries and marinades
- Sesame Oil – I prefer Asian brands when choosing sesame oil
The perfect recipe to start a new year and start our eating better journey!
- 4 cups chicken stock broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 small piece ginger peeled, sliced
- 4 skinless chicken breast fillets
- 4 cups steamed rice
- 2 bunches fresh broccolini steamed
- 4 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
- 2 spring onions finely sliced
- fresh red chili optional, to serve
- In a large saucepan add chicken stock (broth), water, soy sauce, sesame oil and ginger and place on medium high heat to boil. When it starts simmering, reduce heat to medium low and add chicken breasts. Cook for 10-15 minutes or until cooked through, depending on the size of the chicken breasts. Remove chicken breast when they are done are set them aside covered to keep them warm while finishing the soup.
- Continue boiling the soup for another 10 minutes to reduce it a bit. Remove the ginger piece and it is ready to be served.
- To serve, slice chicken breasts and add them to soup bowls. Add also steamed rice and broccolini. Pour warm soup over, sprinkle sesame seeds, spring onions and chili (if preferred) and serve!