Wanna know my secret mid week dinner recipe, ready in less than 30 minutes?
Zucchini and Corn baked frittata! Healthy, easy and DELICIOUS!
I love a good dish that I can put together in a hurry without having to compromise on quality.
And I mean no artificial shortcuts, no pre made stuff..everything done from scratch. You know good old cooking!
Today is frittata time!
I love a good frittata! Simple, versatile (you can add just about any sautéed vegetables, leftover meats or fresh herbs to it) and perfect for either breakfast or brunch, lunch or even dinner. Yes, we love frittata for dinner with some green salad on side.
This healthy Zucchini and Corn baked frittata is so easy to make, almost to the point that you don’t necessarily need a recipe. You DO need a key ingredient to make it fluffy and creamy 🙂 No one likes a dried frittata.
My recipe is a simple mix of eggs, sautéed zucchini, sweet corn kernels (fresh or from a can) and cottage cheese, seasoned with salt and pepper. The cottage cheese is my key ingredient 🙂 Adding it to the mix will make your frittata really fluffy and creamy. I like full fat cottage cheese but you can use low fat option if you prefer.
You can serve it warm straight from the oven, at room temperature and even reheat leftovers the next day. I like to sprinkle some feta cheese on top, when serving it. Enjoy!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 eggs
- 2 medium zucchini, trimmed, thin sliced
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 cup corn kernels
- fresh thyme
- green salad
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add onion and cook, until golden for a couple of minutes. Add sliced zucchini sand sauté for 5 minutes.
- Preheat oven at 350F/ 180C. Whisk eggs in a large bowl. Stir in cottage cheese, and corn kernels Season with salt and pepper. Pour egg mixture into pan over sautéed zucchini, sprinkle some fresh thyme over and cook for 5 minutes on medium heat, until eggs are just set.
- Transfer pan to oven and bake for 15 minutes or until top is golden and mixture is cooked through.
- Cut frittata into wedges and serve it warm, with some feta crumbles on top and some green salad in side.